Project Chronos is a 2.5D, Metroidvania game created by myself and 4 others. This game was created as a capstone project for Sheridan College's Game Level Design Postgraduate Program.
Designed to make the player assess every situation based on their mechanics, as well as give players a variety of abilities that must be used specifically to overcome situations, Project Chronos aimed to deliver a condensed Metroidvania experience in a short demo.
In order to achieve this, the game features a map with over 30 screens, concluding with a boss fight that challenges the player on what they have learned.
- Designed and scripted the character controller and all associated mechanics
- Set up Animation State Machine for the character controller
- Modified existing animation files for the character
- Designed and scripted the enemies
- Behaviour Tree AI
- Set up Animation State Machine for the enemies
- Created all animations for the enemies
- Created all enemy visual effects and shaders
- Miscellaneous gameplay scripting